Tuesday 26 February 2008

DER SPRING IS SPRUNG ....

Decided to give my blog a makeover this evening. Since my books are environment-related, I thought this blue/green theme was more approproiate. What say you?

I am feeling better today. I don't like feeling down in the dumps; it really doesn't suit my personality. I have always been the optomist, always the one to find the silver lining and bouy people up - I have done it since I was eleven years old. It feels very alien to me to be so down and it is always a blessing when the mood lifts and I find my smile and sparkle again! I'd like to thank you for your support by the way; you will never know how much it helped to pull me out of the dark clouds in which I had ensconced myself!

I went for a nice long walk the other day. It was one of those glitteringly bright afernoons, with the sun casting a golden glow over the grass and trees. I saw my first blossoms of the spring - so beautiful. And there were a pair of tiny blue tits dancing round the bird feeder yesterday, which was gorgeous. But the most amazing thing I have seen of late is the incredible sunset that painted the world a soft peachy hue the other evening! It was so radiant that the tree-trunks turned a rich red and the sky was a venerable pallet of pinks, apricots, golden and pale yellow. I would have loved to photograph it but unfortunately that day, I didn't have my camera. It really was splendid and it touched my inner soul! Honestly, it had to be seen to be believed!

So what are my goals for this week? Obviously to get the third book finished. I think I might also make a point of reading some poetry during the evenings; it might light a spark. I really miss my poetry and it feels like such a long time since I wrote anything really worthwhile. Oh and I need to enter a competition this month; there are quite a few about, so I will have to decide which one I should go for.

And finally, I would like to thank you - just for being there!

5 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

There's a poem in that walk for sure, Jill - maybe several!

Glad you're feeling better today - hugs to you

A
xxx

JILLS said...

And to you, Anne.
Jill x

Nik Perring said...

Love the new look! And glad to hear you're feeling brighter.

Nik

JILLS said...

Thank you Nik. How are things with you? Did you know I am the group host of the Writing for Young Children group on WW now? I hope you don't mind.
Jill

Nik Perring said...

Course I don't mind. You'll do a sterling job!

Nik