Thursday 22 November 2007

NO WAY JOSE

Have just heard on Smooth fm that Jose Mourinho is hotly tipped to be offered the England manager's job following Steve McClaren's departure after last night's humiliating defeat at Wembley! Please no! I didn't like him as the manager of Chelsea and I don't think he would have the England squad's best interests at heart. He is too full of himself and too critical of others if his team loses!

Had an in depth discussion with Hubby over coffee at Costa's this morning. Football is his second language and through him I have developed a healthy respect for, and understanding of, the game, I must admit I did not enjoy it half as much before I met him and now I am as keen on it as he is (when Alex Ferguson sent us best wishes from Manchester United on our wedding day, that just about clinched it for me) and we quite often have football-orientated debates.

Whether or not Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill fancies the job remains to be seen.

No disrespect but at least he's a Brit!

2 comments:

Swearing Mother said...

Knowing absolutely nothing about football, I still enjoyed your post! Am working my way backwards to Christmas!

JILLS said...

Thank you for your kind comment. It was brilliant to hear from you and a big Cheers for reading (I will read yours now too!).

As a writer there is one thing I love as much as writing and that is being read - that makes it all worth while!

Keep in touch.