Friday 19 October 2007

THE JOURNEY BEGINS

A nice big article has appeared in my local paper today which tells people all about the book. When Hubby saw it, the pride in his eyes brought a lump to my throat! ""Bloody hell, Jill!" he gasped. "That's brilliant!" Since arriving at the office, I have cut it out and taped it to the staff room door. It's not that I want people to see my mug-shot; I just want people to buy the book.

At the same time, Sarah the Publisher has been in touch to let me know that the manager of a consortium she went to yesterday to high-light Yucketypoo has sent info to 1000 companies in the Midlands! And she emailed me a link of an Eco-kids site that has given it some coverage. Well - as Tesco would say - every little helps. The more publicity we can get the quicker the orders come in and the sooner we can go to print.

Talking of Tesco; it was where I met Hubby almost 25 years ago when we both started work at a brand new superstore (one of the first of its kind evidently). His 25th anniversary with them was yesterday. The company honour long servers with a gift and a scroll, neither of which he has received yet although I am sure it is on the cards. This connection has convinced me that the company would be interested in Yucketypoo and both Sarah the Publisher and I are trying to get them to pick it up - me from a former-employee point of view and she from a Publisher/Publicity Manager point of view. If just one copy of the book was bought by every single branch of the mammoth supermarket we could go to print tomorrow. Ironic really. If it comes off as we hope then I'll have two things to thanks them for - the main one being my Steve whom I love more every second.

Even after all the tears, tantrums, hard work and sheer gut instinct of the past year, it really looks as if the book is on its way, now.

So I'd better get Yuck 2 finished ASAP!

2 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

That's sooo amazing - huge, huge well done!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huzzahs galore!!!!!!!!!

:))

A
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

JILLS said...

Gee - thanks Anne! I really appreciate your fedback.

Have a good week!