Monday 30 June 2008

GOOGLE YUCKETYPOO!!!!!

Hello ya'll!

Since beginning my new role at Present Company, I am often so busy that the entire day passes me by in the blink of an eye and I am left bemused as I settle down to dinner at home in the evening! Very very occasionally, I get two minutes to check my emails or surf Google and the other day, during a very rare quiet moment, I came out of one site where I'd been trying to source linen bags for a client and idly tapped YUCKETYPOO into the search box. I nearly fell off my chair! There were pages of it, in everything from French to Japanese and who knows what all in between. If news of the book is hitting foreign book sites likes these, why aren't I earning more commission from it? I was flattered, horrified and completely astonished all at once. So then I tried Yahoo and there it was again! So it does look as if word is steadily creeping through, despite the fact that I often feel completely disconnected from it because I hear so little about what is actually happening.

As it turns out, my Google discovery co-incided almost supernaturally with the arrival of some of Ashley the Illustrator's latest offerings by email which are just brilliant. Sarah the Publisher thinks we may still have a chance of launching the second in the series this year after all which would be a huge relief. There are other things going on that I can't actually tell you about at this moment in time but I will update soon as I can. If they come off, it will be a major step forward. The good thing of course is that all this activity has fired me up again and it is my intention to make a list of schools, book shops, Beaver and Rainbow packs and local libraries by the end of this week so that I can line up some visits, talks and maybe book signings. Fingers crossed.

Watch this space.

No comments: